Japan has been implementing advanced energy efficient technologies in order to improve energy efficiency in industrial sectors and urban development. As a result, environment friendly technologies and new energy sources have progressed so much that they are now essential to Japanese industry operations. As Russia is working to decrease its dependence on the export of raw materials and seeking to develop its processing industry, the issues of boosting energy efficiency, using renewable energy sources, and developing an eco-friendly economy are particularly relevant. These matters will play an important part in economic cooperation between Japan and Russia. DISCUSSION TOPICS: cutting edge technologies for boosting energy efficiency; reduction of environmental load caused by economic development; application and potential of renewable energy sources.
- Viktor Evtukhov, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation;
- Keisuke Ishii, General Manager, Business Development Unit, Toyo Engineering Corporation;
- Arai Makoto, Executive Officer, Traffic Control Systems Division, Kyosan Electric Manufacturing Co., Ltd.;
- Emi Komai, Director of Renewable Energy Department, KOMAIHALTEC Inc;
- Toshikazu Arai, Chief Regional Officer for Russia and CIS, Production Management Division, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Environmental & Chemical Engineering;
- Albina Dudareva, Chair of the Coordination Council on Waste Management Development, Association of Interregional Socio-Economic Cooperation "Central Federal District."
- Makoto Watanabe, Executive Director, New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization, NEDO (moderator).