One of the most promising areas for cooperation between Russia and Germany is the development of digital technologies under the joint implementation of the Industry 4.0 concept. German companies have extensive experience in the application of Industrial Internet of Things, Big Data analysis, digital doubles, and intellectual forecasting of the technical condition of production equipment. The German experience is already being used successfully in the implementation of modern digital technologies in the Russian industry. Russia, in turn, offers German companies highly qualified workforce and enormous potential for modernization and transformation of certain enterprises, entire industrial sectors, and the economy in general. The combination of these factors allows for wonderful prospects for technological cooperation between Russia and Germany and extensive business opportunities. DISCUSSION TOPICS: How well are enterprises prepared for the digital revolution? How can companies influence this process? Why companies, especially medium businesses, should promptly implement production digitalization? How can smart data analysis boost production efficiency? What role can Big Data play in production process optimization? How can Russia and Germany intensify their cooperation in this area?
- Andrej Bievetski, Managing Director, SAP Labs CIS;
- Dmitry Kapishnikov, General Director, Kuka Robotics Russia;
- Thomas Neumann, Sales Manager for Eastern Europe, ContiTech;
- Elena Semenova, Managing Director of Phoenix Contact Russia;
- Igor Sergeev, Director of Digital Production Department, Siemens Russia;
- Maxim Shakhov, CEO Russia, Schaeffler Group;
- Matthias Schepp, Chairman of the Management Board of Russian-German Chamber of Commerce (moderator).