German mechanical engineering companies are among the largest foreign investors in the Russian industry. Can we expect further growth in the presence of German manufacturers in Russia? DISCUSSION TOPICS: What factors contribute to the creation of a production company in Russia? What are the obstacles for a more active growth? State support measures - incentive or obstruction for a more active development? Is the “Russianness” of the product an important factor for commercial success? Is there a general benefit of foreign investment for the economy? Might it become profitable for German mechanical engineering companies to manufacture in Russia for export?
- Oliver Cescotti, General Director, GEA Refrigeration RUS;
- Henning Johannis, General Director, Herrenknecht Russia;
- Patrick Schwarzkopf, Director, VDMA Robotics and Automation Association;
- Thomas Neumann, Sales Manager for Eastern Europe, ContiTech Conveyer Belt Group;
- Sergey Kiselev, Director, Middle Ural Development Corporation;
- Sven Flasshoff, German Engineering Federation (VDMA) (moderator).