Under the Society 5.0, Connected Industries concept, Japan is currently promoting the formation of a supersmart society and the creation of new values based on digital technologies. As for Russia, in 2017 it adopted the Digital Economy program and is engaged in promoting digital transformation. In this context, Russia and Japan seek to expand their cooperation as it pertains to digitalization. In September of 2017 the two countries signed the Joint Declaration on Cooperation in Digital Economy followed up by a detailed plan of action adopted in May of 2018. Forum participants will discuss opportunities and goals for Russia-Japan cooperation in the field of digitalization, hear Russian and Japanese business representatives' perspectives on the matter, and consider prospects for bilateral cooperation in the digital era.
Moderator: Yasukazu Irino, Executive Vice-president, Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Oleg Bocharov, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation;
- Tsutomu Nakagawa, Deputy Director-General for International Trade Policy of Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan;
- Hiroyuki Harada, Managing Officer, FANUC Corporation / Executive Vice President FANUC Europe Corporation S.A.;
- Noritsugu Uemura, Senior General Manager, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation;
- Dmitry Denisov, First Deputy Governor of Kaluga region;
- Alexey Mironov, Head of Sverdlovsk Railway (subsidiary of Russian Railways);
- Ilya Dimitrov, Executive Director of the Association of Electronic Trading Platforms;
- Alexander Kotelnikov, General Director “Mashprom”;
- Alexey Golovchenko, Head of MoiYurist.Online;
- Kazuhiro Arao, Manager, Sales Department, Magellan Systems Japan, Inc.