The documents on establishment of a joint venture EMCO-Rus on organisation of production modern CNC machines were signed in the presence of the Governor of the Sverdlovsk region, Mr. Kuivashev, on 8th July at the International exhibition centre “Ekaterinburg-EXPO” in the framework of the International Industrial Trade Fair INNOPROM-2015.
A joint venture is created by EMCO Group (Austria-Italy-Germany) and Unimatic Engineering Centre (Russia) that will allow implementing the tasks set by the Government of the Russian Federation on import substitution and localisation of machine tool production in Russia.
The first stage will the launching of CNC lathes of EMCOMAT and MAXXTURN series in the coming month on the prepared site of UNIMATIC Machine Tool Center in Ekaterinburg, 45 Vostochnaya Str. Then a wide range of modern CNC machines with the output of 100 machines per year will be produced.
The first sets have already arrived at the warehouse.
Order portfolio for 2015 is formed. A plan of phased localisation of EMCO machine tools production in the Russian Federation is developed for the next 3 years. The organisation of production at the joint venture will comply with the best current international practices in the field of production of metal-working equipment. Experience of EMCO, one of the leading companies in the field of machine building, and transfer of its technologies will allow organising new production of CNC lathes and mills in Russia in the shortest possible time.
Unimatic Engineering Centre (www.unimatic.com) is one of the leaders in the Russian market in the field of machine-tool business and engineering services:
- 15 years of experience in the market with annual turnover of 2.5 billion roubles.
- Regional network in Russia and CIS countries.
- Development of complex projects of enterprises technical re-equipping and technologies, process automation and treatment programs.
- Turnkey supply of modern equipment.
- Maintenance and modernisation of unique equipment.
- Training of experts in a licensed training centre.
EMCO Group (www.emcoworld.com) is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of machine tools since 1947. A large production programme:
- Lathe and milling machining centres (14 model series)
- Flexible production units.
- Training CNC machines and interactive educational classes.
Huge customer base – Airbus, ABB, Ford, BMW, Caterpillar, etc.
More than 160 branches for sale and services around the world. Unimatic Engineering Centre acts on behalf of the EMCO Group in Russia and CIS countries since 2000. Several hundred EMCO machines and training equipment was delivered to Russian machine building companies.